Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Post for a New Year---and Cleaning OUT!

Yes, it's another year---in fact it's 10 years from when we were all freaking out about Y2K possibilities. I must admit I had not stocked up one thing or prepared in one single way. I was simply trusting God and really wondering if Jason would ever propose to me after 5 years of dating!! So 2000 was the year of adventure and here we are 10 years later happily married with 2 wonderful blessings added to our family! I've changed jobs 4 times in 10 years and now I'm home with my babies---hardest job out of the 4!! No kidding!! But by far the most rewarding!!

I have been cleaning out this week---replacing old rubbermaid containers that I am proud to say we use QUITE frequently (thanks to my hubby for loving to eat leftovers!), trashing old dishtowels and dishcloths we've had for 10 years and got as wedding presents and replacing now with newer fluffy ones that don't have stains, dusting baseboards, washing curtains, and just generally getting a new attitude on life. I just love the turn of a new year---a new calendar--a fresh start. I really think this new attitude not only comes from having a clean house, but lately I have been made aware of my need to be cleaned from the sins that so easily entangle me. I was reading a friend Shay's blog the other day and she was describing the same thing. Go to www.versesfortheking.blogspot.com and read her post. You will definitely be blessed by the way she reveals her heart and nails those things that I know I struggle with to the cross...those things we might as well all name them by name...no other word but SIN. I pray that my God will help me remember that it's not about ME this year...that it's all about His Glory and that He wants to cleanse me from the inside out (no matter what my HOUSE may look like!).

1 comment:

Merritt Pace said...

Well said! Happy New Year, Karen!