Saturday, July 10, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

How does nearly a month go by without blogging? Seems impossible that summer is halfway over---well not summer as the season, but summer as most teachers and school children understand!

We have been busy bees with 3 Vacation Bible Schools here in our town and then add to that a birthday party (5 1/2) for our daughter, a wedding, a baby shower, a wedding reception here for Bubba and Necia, and lots of free movies and SWIMMING!
I have been thinking lately about how to word this post and exactly what I wanted to say.
Basically, I wanted to share with you a couple of the oh so MANY ways I am SOOOO thankful! I just think we can never quit giving thanks to our Lord and having a joyful heart!
I am thankful for:
1.) A husband who doesn't mind eating leftovers or whatever I put on the table for that matter.
2.) Children who are healthy and usually sleep 11+ hours a night.
3.) A husband who loves to spend time with his family/children! He just loves to come home and jump in the swimming pool with us even though I know he is tired.
4.) Enough money through my sales on Eb*y to pay for homeschooling books for next year.
5.) Websites like Thr*fty Mama and friends with awesome, cheap ideas for fun and menu planning that help me save money for our family.
6.) A husband who wakes up each morning early and spends time with Our Father. What an example! And one I should follow more often.
7.) Parents who see the value in allowing Jason and I to spend time together as husband and wife on a semi-regularly basis.
8.) My friend Julie!! Without having her to share with, I would have all these crazy thoughts running around in my head daily (and I my husband's boss would get fed up with me calling him too often!).
9.) Having a home to work in, take care of, feel safe in, and provide nurture and love to the two children God has entrusted us with.
10.) God is never late! He is always on time! The money always comes on time; the vacation time always comes on time. The right words from His Word always come on time. As Corrie Ten Boom says, God always gives you the "ticket" right when you need it...never before you board the train, but right when you have to have it. Praise be to Him!

No comments: