Monday, August 16, 2010

The First Day of Kindergarten

EMMA GRACE'S FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN--at HOME!
After waking at 8am, we had pancakes and cereal for breakfast! I already love kindergarten!!!
Then, we brushed teeth, made beds, and got dressed so we could head outside for FIRST DAY PICTURES!
We headed inside and Emma Grace asked the Lord to bless our school day and that we wouldn't give up when something was too hard. (Boy, mommy seems to have been the one to need that as being organized and keeping Jase occupied was more of a challenge that I had originally thought!)
Jase did find some things to do....like reading Thomas the Train.

Math U See--what do we remember from last year?
This is actually the first grade "Alpha" edition since we did the kindergarten "Primer" last year! So proud of my girl!
First day for a double french braid!


Jase is learning too! (And mommy is headed to the computer to find more activities for the little man to do during school hours!! Does anyone know of a free "Mom's Morning In"? I need some peace to be able to teach my girlie. Ha! No, seriously, who ever thought I'd need those same skills I once used in teaching a class full while still planning individual activities for each child?!)

Overall, it was a very productive day and I think it's going to be a wonderful year of growth for all 3 of us! Lord, keep us grounded in the Word.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I am so proud of you!!!!! How awesome for your family! Isn't it the best thing ever? I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Emily Fiore said...

I'm going to be coming to you for advice very soon! I know you are doing a great job!

The Noy Maker said...

Happy Schooling! Great 1st day pictures:-) LOVE the double french braid! I have a 2 and 1yr old and at times it can definitely be challenging. Looks like you did GREAT keeping him entertained!