Sunday, March 1, 2009

End of the Nursing







So we're down to 4 ounces a pump, if even that. I can't say that I'm sad. I'm actually ready for no more attachments, 10pm with Jason looking at me from the couch with the look like, "Are you done yet, woman? It's time for bed!" He's been such a trooper with it---stays up with me while I pump---we always go to bed at the same time and I must say he's usually been an encouragement to continue the breastmilk journey. Jase knows the formula by now and is comfortable with it, and it won't be long now before we start adding in a little whole milk here and there as he nears 12 months. He LOVES, LOVES baby food; like a little birdie with mouth wide open just waiting for food. If I didn't cut him off, he'd probably still be eating endlessly. I have not found even one food so far that he doesn't like...if it's edible, he wants it! He was only 19lbs. 15oz. at his 9 month checkup on Monday (which is the 42nd percentile), but he was 82nd on length, which was like 29 inches long. Gonna be a tall boy!! Well, hope you enjoy his 9 month pics above.

1 comment:

Tina Fussell said...

My youngest is 2 1/2 and is only 26lbs. LOL.
I have to admit that I was not terribly disappointed to stop nursing, even with my last one. All three of my kids nursed for at least 12 months. I was so ready to have that "freedom" again.