Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moved to the Core by Songs!

I have always known that songs are one of the most powerful influences in my life. I literally fall to my knees and cry out to God when a certain song just moves me. Sometimes it’s choruses we sing on Sunday evenings, or sometimes it’s a new song on the radio or an old song on the radio that I recall an especially joyful or sad moment. Lately I have been so touched by the songs on the movie Fireproof and I have looked to find a soundtrack for the movie, but there is no such CD made. Besides the first track that is playing here on my blog (“Slow Fade”) which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, I also have fallen in love with “While I’m Waiting”. Here are the words:

I’m waiting.
I’m waiting on You, Lord.
And I am hopeful.
I’m waiting on You, Lord.
Though it is painful,
But patiently, I will wait.
I will move ahead, bold and confident.
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting.
I will serve You while I’m waiting.
I will worship while I’m waiting.
I will not faint.
I’ll be running the race,
Even while I wait.
I’m waiting.
I’m waiting on You, Lord.
And I am peaceful.
I’m waiting on You, Lord.
Though it’s not easy,
But faithfully, I will wait.
Yes, I will wait.
I will serve You while I’m waiting.
I will worship while I’m waiting.
I will serve You while I’m waiting.
I will worship while I’m waiting.
I will serve You while I’m waiting.
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord.

That song really speaks truth to my soul. (I need to add it to my blog....think I'll try to find it now!) It’s such a deep reaching tune and the words are enough for me to raise my hands to the Father in adoration every time I play it! (And I did buy John Waller’s CD at Lifeway thanks to mom’s birthday giftcard even if I couldn’t get the Fireproof soundtrack!) We’ve recently been talking lately in Sunday School about moving ahead and not sitting there idly waiting for the Lord to tell you where to go and what to do, but listening intently for the Holy Spirit as you move—for He may move you in another direction and you’ll be called to OBEY and move ahead BOLDLY and CONFIDENTLY. Flexibility is the key when you’re talking about plans and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

While I was in college, my motto was, “I’m running the race!” Ask Michelle J. or Lydia and they’ll tell you that I was constantly on the go and would reply to them, “Gotta run that race!” I think it drove Michelle nearly crazy, but the same motto should still be true today. We must wait for His perfect will and plan, but we cannot sit like couch potatoes and do nothing. Our God is a God of forward moving action. Paul’s ministry was a forward moving ministry, yet He patiently listened and obediently followed the Spirit’s leading. He served while he was waiting; he worshipped while he was waiting. Are we able to be so flexible that we could just pick up and move our family, our lives to another place that same day in order to follow the Holy Spirit?

2 comments:

Tina Fussell said...

I love the lyrics to that! Thank you for sharing it. Very powerful and exactly what I need to be reminded of lately.

Merritt Pace said...

I LOVE the Fireproof songs, too! Thanks for putting them on your playlist. I enjoyed listening to them tonight.

Merritt :)