Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good News!

I have a praise item to report! Some of you know I had some lab work done recently at the OB/GYN office for my hormone levels (no shock to anyone), thyroid, prolactin, iron, cholesterol, etc. Thankfully all of them came back normal except two. The prolactin, which comes from the work of the pituitary (located in your head) helps to control milk production. SHOCKER---I have milk!!! Duh!....have had it somewhat since before I was ever pregnant with Emma Grace! Well, the nursing is over and has been, but the milk remains. It's annoying wearing breast pads all the time! Thus the reason my prolactin was 86.4 instead of below 20 (really, it's supposed to be between 2.0 and 10.0 unless you're pregnant, but they wouldn't worry about 20.0 in a woman who has finished nursing in the last 4 months even). Also, my cholesterol (the LDL--that's the bad one, not the triglycerides) was a little elevated. But not elevated enough that I will need to go on medication. The doctor just prescribed "diet and exercise" as I'm sure they always do for elevated LDL's. She did put me on dostinex, the same medication I took before to stop the milk, which helped us get pregnant with Emma Grace.

The praise comes in on days when I take the dostinex (twice a week--Saturdays and Tuesdays) and when it DOESN'T cause a headache. For the last week or two I've been trying to figure out if it was the medicine causing the headaches, which I am able to rid with tylenol usually, or if it was being out in the sun or not having anymore sodas on this diet or if I was just hungry. Well, I still don't know yet if it was the dostinex, but on Tuesday I took the medication with breakfast as I always do and I was THRILLED that I went the entire day and all day yesterday (Wed.) without a headache of any kind. PRAISE! Wonderful! Whatever it was, the Lord saw fit to give me a no headache day. :) Let's just hope I can have a good Saturday this weekend while my mom is here and we have 2 parties to attend with Emma Grace.

Y'all have a super weekend! May YOU be blessed by the Lord!

No comments: