Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Been a Long Month


It's been a long month and I'm quite sure I cannot begin to remember everything that has gone on in our family. Sometimes I don't even want to remember those things. :)


First, I want to share that through all of these things, I have learned (o.k., I should say I have been in the PROCESS of learning) to be content in all circumstances.


This is what I mean:

We have had what I would call the N*RO virus for a week back in April, which we think lead Jase being taken one Saturday to the ER for a swollen scrotum to find out he has an inguinal hernia from all the heaving during vomiting. So he will be having surgery on that hernia on Tuesday, May 25th. Please keep us in your prayers.


Then, somehow my little sleeping baby boy (who is almost two in just 2 short weeks!) no longer liked sleeping through the night. He began to greatly dislike his bed and wakes up 2-3 times a night. Wondering if there are bad memories of his crib and night time sleep being interrupted by vomiting and diarrhea. So we've done the twin bed for a while and are now back to the crib. One can never tell what kind of night we might have. It's just beyond me how he goes from 11 hours of sleep to 8 or 9 hours every night now with usually just one nap of an hour or hour and a half. Like I said above, trying to be like Paul..."content no matter the circumstances". I often remember how Samu*l Thom*s shared about his time in Ind*a where he was imprisoned like Paul and had mice eating away at him. So why do I worry and fret over lost sleep.


But it does make one grumpy and snippy when there is a lack of sleep. Just sayin'!


Oh, I have to share that in the middle of all of this, one morning at breakfast Jase is eating his cereal bar when he decides he doesn't want anymore. We've been breaking him of his habit of throwing food off his high chair tray when he thinks he is done. Well, low and behold, he takes the last section of cereal bar and throws it directly into Jason's coffee cup! SPLASH!! It didn't even hit the side of the coffee cup!!! It was just too funny and one of those times you wish you'd had a video camera going so we could win some money from "Americ*'s Funniest Home V*deos".


Then after I too caught half of the yucky N*RO virus, I was thankful to be able to escape to the mountains near Lake L*re with two college friends this past weekend. I thought I would get some much needed rest, but I came to find out that the mice situation at the friend's house scared me such that I barely slept at all Friday night. Saturday night was better as we went to Wal-M*rt to get a noise maker and I did not hear a thing. Funny thing was, we set 8 traps out Sat. night and caught NOTHING....NADA. And no more mice droppings! So now we're really wondering if it wasn't just the squirrels that were so active in and around the roof as Michelle said they have been in the past.


I'm sure there are many more things I could share. We've been to the zoo, the strawberry farm, the park twice, and of course planning for this month is sure to be it's own kind of zoo! We had Aunt Pam's birthday, Aunt Necia's birthday tomorrow (happy birthday to the newest member of our family!), Mother's Day this weekend, a new Winnsboro homeschool coop organizational meeting Friday night, Jase's 2nd birthday, my sister Kim's birthday, a baby shower I am planning for a couple who are having a little boy this summer, Confederate Memorial Day--o.k. the only significance is that Jason has that day off & PTL, Jase's surgery, & Memorial Day. Is that enough?


I pray that God will continue to shape and mold me.


To never let me be idle.


To give thanks for these two blessings He has entrusted me with, and to love my husband more deeply every day.

Jase at the ER with gown on and all

1 comment:

Emily Fiore said...

Don't know if this advice will help or not, but Lilly started doing the same thing as your son a few months back - where she was waking up 3-4 times a night. I have read where that will happen sometimes just b/c their sleep habits are changing, but also I think that we are so used to them sleeping through the night that when they do wake up we jump to the rescue w/o letting them figure out how to get back to sleep themselves again. So my advice(what I'm working on myself) is to let him cry it out when he wakes up and not jump to go "fix" the problem. You may be doing that already, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case. :) Glad you guys are feeling better.