Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Too Many Choices

There are several decisions our family is facing lately. I'll just share a few of them with you and you can pray with us or not.

1.)Will I send Emma Grace to Mom's Morning Out at the Methodist Church in town at all? This involves spending money ($65.00/month for T/R & $32.50/month for either T or R). There is a space open that we have been offered, but money is lacking...that money tree in the backyard just won't grow!

2.) Will I begin tutoring for Fairfield County Schools on Fridays when Jason is off and he can be our only source of reliable free childcare. This will bring in around $600/month and will give me time to be out in the world and keep my resume up in case I one day want to go back into schools.

3.) Will I order a homeschool curriculum for Emma Grace to begin preschool at home with me? If so, which curriculum? Again, this involves money of which we are lacking. I am highly leaning toward the Sonlight Curriculum (about $400). If anyone has ideas of things you've used that have worked for preschool, please let me know.

4.) Will we EVER get a weekend away in the mountains by ourselves? (or anywhere for that matter as long as we don't have to pay $100 to stay there!) Every place we have looked at so far that any of our friends own is either being renovated or is not available or other various reasons, and quite honestly we're getting a little disgruntled that it might never occur. We've been trying to get away since our anniversary this past July (and haven't been away for even an overnight by ourselves since before the baby was born in May 2008 that I know for sure---probably back to the summer of 2007 when I was not yet pregnant with Jase and we went to Myrtle Beach that summer by ourselves). As you can see, we are LONG OVERDUE for some marriage rebonding time. If anyone knows of someone who would donate their mountain lodge/cabin for a weekend stay for this beckoning couple, please let me know. We'd be willing to pay the utilities at least and drop a love offering on the table as thanks! Think of it as a ministry opportunity b/c that is truly what it will be for us. We are not stuck on the mountains---anywhere that we can go be alone is a viable option! :)

5.) Can we start a Weight Watchers group at our church? I really want to see this take wheels and go! I need it to be a go! I just cannot travel to Columbia 30 miles away once a week to attend the meetings. I believe there are people (some of whom are reading this blog) at my church who currently do go all the way to Columbia for WW and would benefit from us starting one here locally and others who I know resolved to lose weight this year and some who already count the points as if they were on WW. But we need about 10 people at least to get it going. Would you be willing? Get in touch with me if you would!! My email is kdpope2000@hotmail.com

No comments: