Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Long Way to Ohio

Callie, the bride, throwing the bouquet

Emma Grace and Jason


The car ride up to Ohio
This past weekend (really a 4 day trip) we ventured up to Marion, OH because Jason and Bubba were both in Daniel and Callie's wedding. First, I would like to say, "Thank you, MOM!" We are so thankful to my mom for keeping Jase for 4 whole days! That is the longest we've EVER left any of our kids, and we missed him so much. We know how much dedication it takes to take time off from work and travel up where we live in order to give undivided attention to one special little boy. I know he enjoyed being with his Mimi with no distractions or sister to split the time with. :) We also know that we couldn't have made the trip with him either. Emma Grace was a sheer delight. She was SOOOO good---probably fared better in the van than I did. Kids are so resilient and flexible! She even had to hang with the adults and went to bed around midnight two of the nights!




It was a great trip up and really was a special time for Daniel and Callie! We wish God's blessings on them as they begin their lives together as one in Him! Such a fun time! I remember it like it was yesterday, and I can tell them it only gets better!! A godly husband is SUCH a blessing---and speaking of husbands and Father's Day....



I wanted to take this time to first thank my own Dad for all that he provided for us 3 girls growing up. I would say I got my work ethic from my dad, and for that I am grateful! There are lots of things said in the Bible about working and not being slothful or lazy.



I also want to thank my hubby Jason for being the greatest father to our children. He loves our children so much and spends so much time with us as a family---that can't be said of every father. He bathes the children, feeds them, plays with them, reads and prays with them, laughs with them, and more than anything he is the finest example of a godly father and husband both at our church and in our home. The way they run to him when he enters the door in the evenings is very special! Our whole family loves to be with DADDY. And I have fallen more in love with him every day over the 9 years we've been married!


I love you, Jason!

2 comments:

Merritt Pace said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Have a super week!
MER

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you. And I love the bumblebees. Such joy and love streamed from your words. I'm glad I stopped by. I'll be back to get drenched in goodness all over again.

Hugs from Costa rica,
Sarah Dawn