Saturday, June 13, 2009

Too Many Irons in the Fire?

Have you ever just looked around at your desk (my home desk I mean) and thought, "Wow, what pile am I working on now?" I guess I have so many things going on, especially that require me to look up some phone number on the internet or compile my list of grocery deals from the website I mentioned below or get a card out to so and so who is sick.....on....and....on it goes. As I look over my desk, there is SOME semblance of order to me even if no one else knows what's going on.

I have one pile of papers about my Educator Recertification, which I need to call the SDOE to find out if a couple of classes I want to take this summer for CEU's (continuing education units) will count toward my recertification. My certificate is due to expire in June 2011, so I really have over a year to do this, but I might as well take one day classes that are only $25-$50 versus $900 a taking up 7-11 days and even weekends.

Another pile is papers I printed with information about our reservations this week for Daniel's wedding in Ohio, which my husband and his brother are groomsmen in. I like to plan ahead, so of course I've tried to look for places to eat, shop, fun things to do, etc.

Another pile is Father's Day cards and gifts that will need to go out before we leave for Ohio or will need to be wrapped and taken with us to Ohio for hubby and his dad who are going with us.

The other stack relates to an ongoing file of resources/catalogs/price lists/etc. of homeschool resources and field trips we hope to take this year.

Oh, and there is just one more stack that I would call the "Get Ready for Emma Grace's 4 1/2 Birthday swimming party" that is coming up June 27th. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row as far as presents, food for everyone, decorations, invitations, games they can play besides swimming, treat bags for the guests, etc.

Woops, hidden under the recertification stack is a small bunch of papers (2-3 sheets) that relate to our current insurances and life insurance policies. I need to evaluate what we have--- is it enough for us now that we also have Jase, are we paying for some policies we don't need, and do we need to add other term or whole life policies to be sure? I want to sit down soon with Jason and a Christian financial planner to see if we're on target and being wise with the resources we currently have coming in. I don't want us to sit down and one day say what one lady in our church shared recently about her being punished for her sins in the area of financial irresponsibility from years back.

Now I guess I should turn around and look at the scrapbooking table behind me sitting open with pictures ready to go in from June 2008 (YIKES, I'm one year behind already!!!!).

No comments: