Friday, August 7, 2009

It's the little things in life...

It's the little things in life that can keep me going. Amazing to me how changing one chair at the kitchen table gives me a fresh attitude and helps me to go on daily feeding children, wiping little mouths and little hands, cleaning placemats after each and every meal and snacktime 2-3 times a day, etc. The kids recently rearranged the "kiddie table" and the high chair to opposite sides of our kitchen table from where they once were. No problem...I actually wish I had thought of that about 3 years ago---that same high chair has been exactly where it is since we moved into our house 4 1/2 years ago. Can you tell I'm a woman of ROUTINE? I get stuck in a rut and not much changes.

Well, I decided that since 3 years ago we have added a black sewing machine chair to our kitchen table (which is white and natural wood) to accommodate more than just our 4 person family (like when the grands come over to eat), I would move the black chair to MY spot where I normally sit and feed 2 children...oh, yeah, I guess I do eat occasionally also. O.k. I make it a priority that I get to eat and no one is debating that by the fact that now I am very "healthy" (on a diet!) and really trying to rethink my views on food. I guess I should tell you that the black chair has a cushion tied into the seat of it, and it's the ONLY chair with such a cushion. Usually, the men avoid the seat or move the cushion out since it's hard for their legs to fit under the table while sitting on the cushion. Emma Grace sometimes sits on the seat when she doesn't want her booster seat, but now I have given up my rickety-sounding white chair for the black cushy chair!!! And man, has it given me the grandest outlook on sitting for HOURS at that table feeding little ones! My hiney feels so much better and I can see the "world" from new heights! The hummingbird feeder, the side field....all look so much better the way I'm facing now that the high chair is on my right versus my left and my hiney is smiling (o.k., no smart remarks, please!). Why hadn't I thought of this before?

I think now I'll go about rearranging the pictures on the wall, changing our bedroom furniture around, pulling out books that have been on our shelves for years and rereading them. Who knows what life could bring now?!! :) Well, I'm off to rub down my feet with that good, smelly foot lotion...one of those other things that just makes me feel pampered and good. It's just the simple things in life....priceless!

No comments: