Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Knee Pits

I just had to write to let you know that I have LOTS of "pits" according to Emma Grace! At lunch yesterday she told me that the applesauce had spilt in her "knee pit". I nearly blew out my tuna fish salad sandwich across the table! Had to ask for clarification on that, but I really knew what she was getting at...just wanted to hear her explain it. Then she told me that I had LOTS of pits...elbow pits, toe pits, knee pits, and of course arm pits! Oh, the thought process of a 4 year old!

I must update you all (all 6 of you!) to let you know that we did start homeschooling yesterday!! :) It went super! We're using Sonlight's Pre-K 4/5 curriculum along with Math-U-See Primer and Handwriting Without Tears. So far, we love it. Our scripture memory verse this week is Proverbs 4:20 "Pay attention, my child, to what I say. Listen carefully." Emma Grace is a very intriguing little student and she just thrives on "the next activity". I love her sponginess and the way she soaks up everything.

We are trying to do schooling while Jase is doing his first (morning) nap from usually 9:45am-11:15am. It doesn't take nearly as long as I had anticipated, but I must remember this is just preschool, not 4th grade or 3rd grade like I taught. I also must get a shower during that time, so we started handwriting and DEL (Developing the Early Learner) early while Jase was still awake and EG was working at the bar stool today. I HAD to get to the grocery store between 1st nap and 2nd nap or we were going to be out of milk, fresh fruit and veggies all together....and my kids LOVE strawberries, grapes, bananas, etc. Everything went fine, even hauling two to the grocery store and post office. You have to be ready...have eaten lunch...kids aren't tired...just having been diapered...and juice and snacks readily available. OH, and my list was organized by isles in Wal-mart, so I was ready for the attack!!

We're hoping to get to take a "field trip" to Edventure Children's Museum either tomorrow or Friday! Looks like it's going to be a fabulous school year! You can pray for us to accomplish all that God would have to accomplish and that He would be uplifted and glorified in all that we say, do, and learn.

1 comment:

Tina Fussell said...

Good job! Most of my homeschool friends tell me that even with older kids, school shouldn't take more than a few hours. That's been my experience since we started the beginning of the month.
Enjoy the journey!