Saturday, October 31, 2009

Harvest Festival at Church

We had a SUPER time at the Harvest Festival! Enough cannot be said to thank those that helped to prepare the games, food, decorations, treat bags, etc. Joeli certainly went above and beyond this year and we thank her for what she adds to the CE Committee. There were several families absent this year (I know of one on vacation...the pastor) and I know that those who couldn't be there really missed a blessing.

I will throw one more thing out there since this IS my blog and I can say what I want....if you attended a secular Halloween event, I so think you missed out on a wonderful time with God's people and a time to stress to your children through your lifestyle what your most important priority is. Would you dare miss a Christmas program at church for a secular one? I don't think so. Funny how we slight this time of the year to do what we want just because we have "always done it this way". Think we didn't have fun at our Harvest Festival?! Think again! We salute those great saints of the faith and pray for those who use this holiday to focus their kids minds on ghosts, witches, goblins, devils, and all things evil and train them up to do what they've "always done". But our God is bigger and He will reign and be praised even through our wrongful actions. Did I go trick-or-treating when I was a kid? Yes. Was I warped through it? No. Do I wish I had been able to go have fun with God's people and shown how important our God really is instead? Of course. So I choose to try and turn all experiences into times of learning for my children (and for me, of course!!).

I wished I had been able to get pics of the square dancing of both kids and adults. It was such a riot!! But I was part of the fun and Jason was the watcher of the little guy, so, sorry, no pics of that, but I hope you enjoy the pics I did take (notice no one really dresses up---the focus is supposed to be on All Saints Day/Reformation Day).

No comments: