Saturday, November 7, 2009

Got a Wild Hair?



































































Friday I became excited as Jason entered the house from hunting (greeted by warm biscuits and sausage gravy of course! I'm such a wonderful wife...ahem....) and then began to tell me how he would regret it if he didn't make the trek down to El Cid (The Citadel, for those of you who aren't familiar with that terminology) for his 10 year reunion. So we got a wild hair (it didn't take much convincing for me to go) and loaded up the kids in the van after lunch.

We had a super afternoon of watching the chorale sing, which Jason even got to sing the Alma Mater with the chorale, and then Twilight Parade followed by dinner with about 12 or 13 of his Alpha Company classmates from the Class of 99. It was just a great time (minus the number of trips I made to the bathroom at Southend Brewery for either Emma Grace, myself, or Jase who seems to have a stomach bug). The food was OH MY GOODNESS delicious. I had shrimp and grits that were to DIE for and Jason and Emma Grace had woodfired pizzas that were worth bringing the extras home for lunch today! We had forgotten how good that place is!

I think more than anything I enjoyed watching my husband walk around the place he knows like the back of his hand and just feel and see all of the vivid sights, sounds, memories that flood his mind from the 4+ years he called The Citadel home. Boy, do I have some memories of my own....Hampton Park, the library, speedy trips back at midnight, countless parades, church services, and football games. The sacrifices I made for this wonderful man are well worth it--every minute of it! He made some sacrifices of his own, yet I know without a doubt He is forever grateful for the time he had at The Citadel. God knows what He's doing and His perfect plan cannot be thwarted even by my poor "planning". Such a comfort to know we sit right in the PALM of HIS hand! Those were trying times, but I would not want to take back a single minute of the memories we made and the ways God used that time to shape and mold us into the parents we are today. What a MIGHTY God we serve!

I hope we can be able to take more "day trips" like that out of spontaneity every once in a while! Sure makes life FUN.

No comments: