Saturday, November 14, 2009

Prayers for a Sister in Christ


So much has been going on in my mind this last week. I almost hesitate to write anything at all. I mean, I am drained emotionally. It was all I could do to finish homeschooling each day knowing that all I really wanted to do was to sit down at the computer, my refuge, and read updates about a dear sister in Christ, Kelly Rambo. I'll try hard to make it through this post without completely soaking the keyboard.

Kelly and Peter and their 4 boys (who are all under the age of 14) are such precious children of God. They live about one mile away (they actually have biked to my house) and Peter works with my F-I-L at Pope Fun*ral Home. Pete is an ARP Pastor and Kelly homeschools the 4 boys. She's one AWESOME woman! Kelly lost her hands in a skydiving accident in her 20's before marrying Peter while they were both in the Army. So she has lived through much adversity already, but now she is fighting her greatest fight ever.

I will allow her newly created Caringbridge website to speak for her ongoing story. Click this link to read more www.caringbridge.org/visit/kellyrambo . I ask that you add Kelly to your prayer list and not only know her as a name, but honestly lay her at the feet of Jesus. The family hopes to get further information from the CDC on Monday or Tuesday regarding exactly what is attacking her body as she fights in the ICU at Palmetto Baptist Hospital. They are 99% certain it is a very rare type of H1N1. Not even enough cases for them to know how to treat her. Such a sad situation that God alone is being glorified in and through! Praise be His marvelous name!!

No comments: