Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Making Up the Miles

I guess I'm making up the miles on my low-mileage minivan since almost 3 weeks ago I wrote about our spur of the moment trip to Charleston just for Jason's 10 year college reunion and last weekend I also made the trip with a college friend Lydia to Charleston once again (this time in her car, thankfully) for Girls' Weekend with Lydia and Michelle. What an awesome time being with friends and having adult conversation! Every SAHM needs an outlet whether it be time to work out and exercise daily away from the kids or a trip with girlfriends every 6 months. I am not ashamed to say that I had a fabulous time despite our oldest child's shocking diagnosis of pneumonia just 2 hours after I left town. I won't be winning mother of the year, but I can tell you I came home a much more alive mommy and watched as my hubby showed he can be just as awesome of a care-taker and organizer as I am! I'm so proud of him, and I can tell you our daughter thinks the world of her daddy!!!

So tomorrow we venture into the minivan as a family once again for the day traveling to Charleston to eat a yummy, fattening turkey dinner at my dad's. I am so excited to NOT be cooking for the first time in 10 years!! Usually we gather with part of my family and Jason's parents next door for holiday dinners, but the inlaws are in San Antonio visiting Bubba, their younger son, and his girlfriend. This allowed us time to not feel bad about taking a much needed trip to Charleston to be with family. So I will have to update about our trip later and how the "trip-toe-fan" affected our ability to drive back!!

No comments: