Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I want to go to heaven

Having visited the funeral home last night for Mrs. Maude Timms' visitation services, Emma Grace had lots of questions about how she died, where did she go, and if we can go to heaven when we "get old". Of course I reassured her that for those who love Jesus and trust in Him, we can all go to heaven one day and see Jesus and have a new body. She wanted to know was Mrs. Maude walking around in heaven and I told her probably not...probably would be floating like the angels. She thought that was cool!

So we as parents have the daunting task of giving our children accurate information about the serious issues of life. No fluff, no ridiculous stories...just that's the way it is. Now, I didn't get into the other side of "if you don't go to heaven where do you go", but I'm sure that will one day be the topic of discussion. I don't think she saw Mrs. Maude's body laying there in the open casket, but had that occurred, I guess we would have gone down that route too, in 3 year old terms. After that, Emma Grace wanted to read her entire Little Golden Bible Storybook last night. I tried to convince her to read just one or two stories out of it, but she wasn't going to settle for that, so we did travel rather quickly through Creation, Noah, Moses, Jericho, miracles of Jesus, Last Supper, death, and resurrection. Whew!

No comments: