Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Not My Will

So it takes a person, at least this person, a LONG while to realize that it's not my will that decides if my children will take a nap or not and if they will abide by MY schedule and plans. As I type, Jase has spit out his passy one too many times after just being in his bed for 10 minutes asleep and so is swinging in the swing but not batting an eye. Last night Emma Grace decided that 12:19am was a good time to go potty and then not shortly after at 1:00am, Jase decides that he is hungry. Do what? Hungry after a bottle at just 9:30pm? He has never in his 3 months of being alive (he'll turn 3 mos. tomorrow) wanted to eat at night just 3-3 1/2 hours after going to bed. I was utterly appalled. I went into his room determined that he would take a passy and be happy with it. Well, again, the Lord determines a man's steps and last night it was my turn to learn the hard lesson that children and life in general cannot be squeezed into my little mold of expectations. I guess I have always known this great spiritual truth, but I certainly do not live like it.

After a formula bottle of 4 ounces being sucked down and then 1 more breastmilk ounce at 1:00am, at around 3:30 I heard Emma Grace calling once again to be "covered up" and then Jase chimed in right after that, but seemed to have gone back to sleep after apparently his 100th round of spit up. Something in his little tummy just is not sitting right with him lately. Could it be the formula he is gets for the last bottle of the night so I don't have to pump milk 6 times a day (5 is bad enough)? I don't know, but it's got me baffled and apparently learning that it's the Lord's will which my life will follow. I must learn to be content and joyful in just obeying that place which the Lord has placed me. I pray that I will learn this lesson quickly and be able to truly be joyful as the title of this blog suggests. May the Lord give me the strength and endurance to do the things which He has called me to do.

No comments: