Thursday, September 4, 2008

Interesting!

I know it seems like I always have something new and exciting to post about Emma Grace and not much is mentioned about Jase. Well, to update everyone on our little man, Jase is doing so well. He's almost too good of a baby!! I hardly even know he's in the house; such a content, sweet little one. Jason's mom reminds me that is how Jason was as a baby! Jase is just cooing and talking up a storm as if to say, "Hey you guys, I'm here and it's my turn to talk!" He laughs out loud when tickled or we wave his hands quickly, and he smiles at EVERYTHING. I can walk in his room in the morning to see if he's awake and he's just smiling away at the teddy bear mobile hanging on his crib! What a cutie pie with that one dimple! (He got that from me!)

I do think he is intrigued by the TV, which I'm not proud to say is on at our house more than I care to tell you. I just don't give a bottle to a baby 6X a day in the sheer quiet and not fall asleep! And it keeps Emma Grace occupied for the few minutes I'm busy with the baby. At least we're watching the Sprout channel and the Noggin channel. Can't be that bad, can it? I mean, today we learned that a cheetah is the fastest animal there is and a snail the slowest. And we saw how the Wonder Pets did a little problem solving to help save a tree in a run down lot. I'm learning to listen to music or something else, but it's just easier to flick on the boob tube for 20 minutes and hear what the news says about the election, the 3 Hurricanes, etc. It's my only contact with the outside world as we don't get The State Newspaper except on weekends and I'm definitely not up for the 11 o'clock news!! But I am aware of its impact on at least our son and I do NOT want him to end up ADD like some of society's kids who are hooked on TV from birth. Usually Jase ends up watching EG as she plays babies or paints on her easel while the TV is just background noise. O.K., yes, it appears I am making excuses. Shame on me. I'll try to do better...honestly...we do read books sometimes with EG right beside me as I give Jase a bottle. But not 6X a day. OH well.

I do want to tell you that EG was doing her letters/numbers/tracing animals activity book that uses a dry erase marker today and she said, "Mom, do we have bears?" I asked her does she mean in South Carolina or at our house, or in general are there real bears? She said in SC. I told her that bears like to live where it's not so hot, so they generally live in colder places and in the mountains. I reminded her of when we went to Gatlinburg to visit my grandmother and she and Kemp (her only cousin) went over and sat on the fake black bear's back and we took pictures of them. I reminded her that was in the mountains and that, yes, there are bears in the mountains of TN. She next wanted to know if these bears lived out in the woods. I assured her they did (I think she was getting a little scared---she'll never want to go visit my grandmother Onspaugh again!). Then she just replied,
"Huhh....in-ter-es-ting!"

No comments: