Saturday, October 11, 2008

A milestone!




I guess it's not as big a deal as turning from laying on back to tummy position, but Jase turned from his tummy over to his back on Tuesday, 10-7-08! I forgot to record it that day and didn't want us to miss recording his first milestone. There will be so many more to come!! First tooth, first sitting up, first crawling, first step, first word, first, first, first!!! I could go on and on all the way up to having his first child! :) He's growing so fast right before our eyes. He also started oatmeal yesterday! Seemed to have liked it better than rice cereal, so I think we might have a winner. I also have only pumped 3X yesterday and will only pump 3X today. I guess you could say I'm weaning myself. Seeing the 80 some bags of frozen milk in the freezer that has to be used by the 6 month date, I just am losing that loving feeling I have for the pump. HA! No shocker to anyone, eh? I think by 6 mos. old (which will be right before Thanksgiving on 11/20/08) Jase will be starting more baby foods and hopefully be down to just 3 bottles a day. I feel that I'll be ready to give up the pumping completely at that time and just use frozen milk even if I have to use the 2 cans of formula I got free in the mail to supplement an ounce or two to the frozen milk and to make the "liquid gold" last longer. Yeah, sounds like a plan...thanks for letting me work this out on the computer and in my thoughts!



Jason and I are headed out for a long awaited date night tonight! Thanks, Mimi, for volunteering to keep the kids and put them to bed while we're gone! We haven't had date night for over 5 months and we really, really need time to be alone! Still hoping for a weekend in the mountains in Nov. or Dec. if it all works out, but we'll suffice for a few hours (6 to be exact--shorter than most people are at work in one day) by ourselves. :) We're going to see the movie "Fireproof" and also go out to dinner probably at Wild Wings. Hope I can keep my eyes open to finish watching the movie---oh the life of a mother!

1 comment:

Merritt Pace said...

Hi, Karen! I had fun looking at your blog today. Looks like you guys are doing well!!! Check out our blog sometime (www.thepacespace.blogspot.com) I think that my little boy, Samuel, might be about the same age as your daughter. Have a super weekend!
~Merritt (Parker) Pace