Saturday, October 18, 2008

The SC State Fair




Yes, we finally took the kiddos to the SC State Fair! It was so much fun!! We will never, I mean NEVER, go back when it's night time knowing how great it was to go during the day when there are very few people there! No lines, no waiting, tables available everywhere to sit down, no teens running around, no nasty cracks hanging out, there seemed to be no one blowing smoke in our faces, etc. Generally, it was just a really fun time watching Emma Grace have the time of her life riding roller coasters I never thought she'd try (it was the dragon one for kids although still very curvy and fairly fast for a 3 year old!) and the tallest ferris wheel at the fair. She loved every minute of it and, had we been made of money, I'm sure she would have ridden a few hundred more. :) As it was, we spent $20 on 22 ride tickets (some require the accompanying parent to use 2 or 3 tickets also). We did the bad thing (good for our pocketbook) and took our uncrustable lunches inside in the diaper bag (that's how small they are!) and ate pretzels, oatmeal cream pies, and a bottle of water, all which we brought in the diaper bag. We asked for one of the vendor stands to give us ice in the cup I usually use to warm Jase's bottle so I could pour my hot caffeine free Pepsi over it.


It all worked out wonderfully and cost us a fraction of what most people spend! We did end up buying an elephant ear---I mean, who can go to the fair and NOT buy an elephant ear? Jason also couldn't resist a cup of fries which he added vinegar to (YUCK). So all in all we spent about 3 hours riding rides and seeing the livestock and $48 for the admission, rides, and a little food. Not great, but not bad considering elephant ears cost $6 alone! I guess the cheapest person of all was Jase! He was free all the way around, but I'm sure he enjoyed the lights, roosters cock-a-doodling, cows mooing, and tasted the elephant ear in the 6:30am bottle. OH, and I MUST mention that he was so WHOOPED after a long day and little napping that he slept the ENTIRE NIGHT from 9pm until 6:30 am without a single whimper or whine. :) Or maybe I was just so whooped that I didn't hear a single whimper or whine!! Ha!!!! Let's see if he can do it again tonight (with a little help from Mr. Oatmeal around 7:30!).

No comments: