Thursday, October 9, 2008

Teeth, electric poles, and a good night's sleep

Well, today I must go get my teeth cleaned for my 6 month visit--except it's been way past 6 months since I've had to call twice and reschedule my appointment due to various reasons like going to the beach and then my MIL had to schedule an appointment for her arms breaking out. So today I had poppyseed chicken casserole (leftover from last night) and I have to go floss and dig out all those little black seeds before I go. I plan to take EG with me to watch/take notes so when she goes in 2009, she won't be all weirded out. I know how I was petrified of the dentist. Her teeth are exceptional, so I don't expect there to be any reason for her to be scared of the dentist like I was at her age!!

And I had to have the kids in for naps by 12:30 today so we can be up at out of here by 2:30 or 2:45 headed to the dentist, so down they go and....well, here comes Fairfield Electric at 12:40 to put up the new power poles leading to Johnny Boulware's land he bought from Uncle Marion!! Never fails. They don't seem to be making too much racket, so let's hope both of the kids stay asleep until at least 2 or 2:30. :) Which leads me to the reason I'm up and not napping....Bibbi kept Jase last night from about 8:15pm until about 9:15am this morning. And I got a GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!! So praise be to God and thanks go to Bibbi for volunteering. She knows when she volunteers that I am most likely going to take her up on the offer....so I guess that's why she doesn't volunteer but about once a month or every two months. :) My entire outlook and attitude are different when I have 8 hours of sleep versus the 4 1/2 I got the night before and several weeks leading up to that. It just changes how I deal with the children and I'm able to not "snap" at them and get easily aggravated.

Well, my mom comes this weekend until Monday, so let's hope that she is able to help as well. She doesn't get to see our children that often, so it's a special time when she's up. :) And I don't mind giving up the bottle feeding and diaper changing once or twice a day either (still get the joy of pumping 4X a day!). Isn't that what grandparents delight in? That they can soak it all up for 2-3 days, be part of the insanity, help mold their grandchildren's hearts to know Him, and then go home to their sane life?

No comments: