Monday, December 8, 2008

Come out of la-la land back to reality!

Every now and then looking at other people's families on Facebook (yes, sigh, Jason..) and thinking, "Wow, I could have a couple more kids and be o.k. just like they are!" is good for me. The Lord can even use Facebook! Our Christmas decorations are up, cards are coming along, shopping (the little we can do this year) is nearly done, the kids are healthy, life is GOOD. Add to that a couple of weeks of Jase and Emma Grace BOTH sleeping soundly through the night from say 8:30 or 9pm until 7am or 8am and I was (I say WAS) seriously thinking that in a couple of years we might be able to THINK about having another child. Yeah, dream land that was!!!!

Last night blew that concept out the window...matter of fact, I videotaped in the dark my husband with all his deep breathing in between the 10 or more times I had to get up with either Emma Grace or Jase. I got NO SLEEP! I mean probably less than 3 hours...seriously. Who can live on sleep like that?! I was seriously beginning to think this was a joke they all were playing on me! Emma Grace even called 2 times and had to go to the bathroom once and was "thirsty" another time. Give me a break!

Furthermore, I was beginning to think Jase had to be sick with something as he never wakes up every 20-30 minutes crying. I have no clue what was going on. This morning he's had a bottle at 7am--drank the entire thing fine. He's a little congested, but not so much he can't drink a bottle. He doesn't feel feverish. I did finally give the boy some tylenol at 3:30am after I'd had all I could stand and I was thinking maybe some teeth coming in were paining him (and ME!). So about 4am I think he really was in a deep sleep. That would be when Jason started up the engine on his breathing/snoring! Then after warming the bottle at 5am (heard him again) at about 5:30 I think I fell asleep only to be woken up by Jason's alarm at 6am!!

I tell you, the Lord has a funny way of showing us who is in charge. Get comfortable and then let Him show you how comfortable he wants you. So the moral of the story is, Lord, you must not want us to have more kids right now...and I must say that is FINE by me! Please pray for patience for me today; I don't do well on little sleep...and I hear little Jase talking right now in his bed, so that extra morning nap is gone. Guess I'm up for the day!! Lord, give me strength for TODAY and bright hope for TOMORROW. Help me to see if Jase really is sick. Amen.

P.S. Here are some pics from our photos at Portrait Innovations on Friday.

No comments: