Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Baby is 4!!







On Saturday, Dec. 27th our baby girl turned 4 years old! Oh, how I remember that first night 4 years ago when they brought her to me from the nursery every 2-3 hours to nurse. And how I wanted to say, "NOOOO, please send her back...I need to rest!!" It was a trying time, but one we made it through. Today this same little girl received 4 immunization shots and did not even WHIMPER. I lie not! Talk about totally shocked. I had been dreading this for days and weeks since the appointment was made back around Dec. 3rd when I last took Jase for his wailing and shot-getting. It's just not something I look forward to. I only had to have blood drawn once or twice in both of my pregnancies and one shot in the hip (other than the obvious epidurals with both) when they gave me the epidural and my blood pressure dropped. I want to thank our church family for praying for us this morning with the appointment! I certainly felt your prayers and I know it was only by the grace of God that such a dramatic little girl who WAILS and screams when she falls on the kitchen floor was able to sit calm and still during 4 shots without blinking an eye. It was truly AMAZING. A miracle! I'm inspired by my own daughter to be a bigger, braver mommy.






Here are some pics above of Emma Grace's birthday "lunch" with her friend Madeline Rambo at Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. May the Lord continue to bless her as she grows to love the One who created her.

No comments: