Monday, December 1, 2008

One word---COLD!!!!!

Words cannot express how COLD it is in my house today!!! The guage in the hallway is reading 65/66 right now!!! I just went ahead and turned the blooming thing off as all I felt was COLD air coming out! What is it with heat pumps?!? Do the things work? Evidently not ours too good! Well, I suppose I'll turn it back on in just a few minutes to see if any warmer air comes out. We normally keep it set on 69 day or night, but the thing just can't keep up and I promise it's blowing out COLD air. But our socks are on, our slippers are on, we have sweatshirts and t-shirts and layers and layers of clothes and I'm seriously freezing. My nose is dripping and my feet are like ice. My hands make Jase shiver when I have to touch him or heaven forbid change his poor diaper and touch his hiney!

Did I mention we want to have new windows and doors put in this place? They simply aren't doing their job! The wind is gusty today and I know the high is like 45, so we're bound to be freezing in here when the cold air leaks in. I've had a space heater blowing in Emma Grace's room for the entire morning since she woke up and her clock/temperature guage is reading 66 still!! Tell me all the temperature guages in the house are broken, right?! NOT!! O.K. I'm off to call the Superior Gas man so he can come look at these gas logs and the pilot to see why it won't light. We've got to do something, and FAST!

No comments: